WORKS OF THE FLESH
BACK HOME FYI
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!
sexual intercourse between a married
person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.
intercourse between partners who are
Uncleanness - Foul or dirty; morally defiled; unchaste.
Lasciviousness - Lustful; lecherous; lewd.
Idolatry - Worship of idols. Excessive devotion.
Witchcraft - Magic; sorcery.
Hatred - Intense animosity or hostility.
Variance - Difference of opinion; dispute.
- The act of striving to equal or excel, especially
- Furious, often vindictive anger; rage. Divine
Strife - Heated, often violent dissension; bitter conflict.
- Conduct or language inciting rebellion.
- Opinions or doctrines at variance with religious
orthodoxy (The Word of God).
- Discontent and resentment aroused by desire for
the possessions or qualities of another.
- The unlawful killing of human beings by another,
especially with premeditated malice.
Drunkenness - Intoxicated; habitually drunk.
Revellings - To engage in boisterous festivities./font>
1 John 2: 15-17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
BACK HOME FYI