1. And the Lord spake unto Moses and
Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
2. This month shall be unto you the beginning of months:
it shall be the first month of the year to you.
1. And the Lord spake unto Moses,
2. Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of
man and of beast: it is mine.
3. And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye
came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the
Lord brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
4. This day came ye out in the month Abib.
1 Kings 6
1. And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year
after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the
fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif,
which is the second month,
that he began to build the house of the Lord.
9. Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third
month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day
thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the
Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces
which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces,
unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people
after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and
according to their language.
2. In the ninth year of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the tenth
month, came Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon and all
his army against Jerusalem, and they besieged it. And in the eleventh year of
Zedekiah, in the fourth month, the ninth day of the month, the city
was broken up.
38. And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the Lord, and died there, in
the fortieth year after the children of Israel were
come out of the land of Egypt, in the first day of the fifth month.
15. So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month
Elul, in fifty and two days.
1 Kings 8
1. Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads
of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king
Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the
ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion.
2. And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king
Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim,
which is the seventh month.
I Kings 6
38. And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the
house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the
fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it.
1. The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah.
And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in
the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,
9. Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together
unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the
twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for
the great rain.
16. So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus
into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.
7. Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which
is the month Sebat, in the second year of
Darius, came the word of the Lord unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the
13. And the letters were sent by posts into all the king's provinces,
to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old,
little children and women, in one day, even upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth
month, which is the month Adar, and to take the spoil of them for