11. And they had a king over them, which is
the angel of the bottomless pit,
whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his
1. The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus,
Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am
a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet
thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine
heart as the heart of God:
3. Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel;
there is no secret that they can hide from thee:
4. With thy wisdom and with thine
understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver
into thy treasures:
5. By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick
hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is
lifted up because of thy riches:
6. Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because
thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;
7. Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of
the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy
wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.
8. They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt
die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.
9. Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth
thee, I am God? but thou shalt
be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth
10. Thou shalt die the deaths of the
uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.
11. Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
12. Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, thus saith
the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of
wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious
stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the
diamond, the Beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and
the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets
and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up
and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the
day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found
16. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of
thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as
profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O
covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy
brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings,
that they may behold thee.
18. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the
midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the
earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at
thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art
thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount
of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14. I will ascend above the heights of the
clouds; I will be like the most High.
15. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to
the sides of the pit.
16. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider
thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake
17. That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities
thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
17. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the
devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
1. And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve
2. And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to
3. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten
horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did
cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child
as soon as it was born.
5. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with
a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place
prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand
two hundred and threescore days
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought
against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,
called the Devil, and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out
into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation,
and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for
of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb,
and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the
12. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that
dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the
earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down
unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth
that he hath but a short time.
13. And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he
persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
9. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he
disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing
accusation, but said, The
Lord rebuke thee.
1 Peter 5
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
4. Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me
from the paths of the destroyer.
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any
beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman,
Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the
trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden,
God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye
the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes
shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your
father ye will do. He
was a murderer from the beginning, and abode
not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a
liar, and the father of it.
25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak
every man truth with his neighbour: for we are
members one of another.
26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27. Neither give place to the devil.
1 John 3
8. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for
the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this
purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of
9. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born
10. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the
devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in
the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing
spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared
with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to
abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving
of them which believe and know the truth.
4. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it
be received with thanksgiving:
5. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1. And he shewed me Joshua the high priest
standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to
2. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke
thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand
plucked out of the fire?
8. Again, the devil taketh him up into
an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the
kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee,
if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine
heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine
own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied
unto men, but unto God.
5. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost:
and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
2 Corinthians 11
14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be
transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be
according to their works.
1. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the
bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil,
and bound him a thousand years,
3. And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a
seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand
years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
41. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
ye cursed, into
everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
28. When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with
a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most
high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
29. (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man.
For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in
fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of
the devil into the wilderness.)
30. And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
31. And they besought him that he would not
command them to go out into the deep.
32. And there was there an herd of many swine
feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that
he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
33. Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine:
and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the
lake, and were choked.
19. Thou believest that there is one God;
thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the
kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed
them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the
reapers are the angels.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and
brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and
shall be tormented day and night for ever and