|CALENDAR 1. A system of reckoning time divisions, esp. in years, months, weeks, and days. 2. A table showing such divisions usually for a year. The day and the year are based on solar (sun) time.
Due to a slight inaccuracy in the Julian Calendar, the Gregorian Calendar was adopted and became universal as a measure of civil time. The Julian calendar is referred to as Old Style (O.S.) and the Gregorian as New Style (N.S.).
One day = the length of time it takes the earth to make one complete revolution on its own
One month = originally the time it takes the moon to complete all of its phases but has been
changed so that each month falls during the same season every year.
One year = the approximate time it takes the earth to make one complete revolution
around the sun.
Leap year = a year having 366 days with February 29 as the extra day.
The God of Israel gave a name only to the 7th day of the week, which he calls the Sabbath Day (the Day of Rest); the other days he numbered. (Ex. 20:11, Deut. 5:12-14) Man gave names to the days of the week, and the months of the year, which they named after Pagan deities. The deities of the week are equivalent to the Sun, Moon and 5 major planets. The months of the year are named after the pagan gods of Rome, Greece, Ireland and other European nations.
The word “Pagan” means a heathen, one who is not a Christian, Moslem, or Jew. Pagan and heathen are both applied to nonmonotheistic (those who believe in many gods) peoples. Pagan specifically refers to one of the ancient polytheistic peoples especially the Greeks and the Romans. Heathen is also applied to any of the peoples regarded as primitive idolaters.
*Below are charts of the Biblical and Gregorian
days of the week and the months of the year:
Sun(Sol) God, personified as, Helios, Apollo, Ogmios, Mithras, and St. Elias.
Moon Goddess, personified as, Selene, Luna, and Mani.
God of Power, energy and endurance, personified as, Ares, Tiwas, Tiw, Tuisco, and Tyr.
God of knowledge & Wisdom, personified as Woden or Odin, and Hermes.
God of Thunder, personified as,Thunor (Thor). Other names for him are Zeus, Taranis, Perun, Perkunas, and St. Olaf.
Goddess of love, personified as, Frigg.
God of Saturn, personified as, Seatere or Seater.
|MONTHS OF THE YEAR|
|(GREGORIAN) Man's Days of the Week|
|DAYS OF THE WEEK|
Exodus 12:1-2, 13:1-4
Nehemiah 1:1, Ezra 10:9
Esther 3:7,13; 9:19, 21
|THE GOD OF ISRAEL'S Days of the Week|
1. And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
2. This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.
1. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine.
3. And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the Lord brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
4. This day came ye out in the month Abib.
1 Kings 6
1. And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the Lord.
9. Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language.
2. In the ninth year of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the tenth month, came Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon and all his army against Jerusalem, and they besieged it. And in the eleventh year of Zedekiah, in the fourth month, the ninth day of the month, the city was broken up.
38. And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the Lord, and died there, in the fortieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the first day of the fifth month.
15. So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days.
1 Kings 8
1. Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion.
2. And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month.
I Kings 6
38. And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it.
1. The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,
9. Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for the great rain.
16. So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.
7. Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Sebat, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the Lord unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,
13. And the letters were sent by posts into all the king's provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, even upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar, and to take the spoil of them for a prey.
|*Pagan Month's and the deities they are named after:
A Greek goddess (the Roman Venus). The Anglo-Saxon name for this month is Eastermonath, the month of the goddess Eostre, whose name is the origin of the word Easter. April is named in honor of her.
May is named after the Greek goddess of spring.
A Roman goddess (the Greek Hera). Her chief attribute is ascribed to as the queen of heaven and as a divine watcher over the female sex. Because of this the month of June is held most favorable for getting married.
July is named after Emperor Julius Caesar in commemoration of his work on the Julian Calendar.
August is named after the first Roman emperor Augustus Caesar.
September (the 7th month of the old Roman calendar) is named after the Roman goddess of fruit and fruit bearing trees.
October (the 8th month of the old Roman calendar) is named after this Greek goddess.
November (the 9th month of the old Roman calendar) is the first month of the winter quarter and gets its name from the festival of Samhain/All Saints.
December (the 10th month of the old Roman calendar) is named after the middle goddess of the Three Fates, Decima (the Greek Vesta), she who personifies the present.
The two-faced Roman god of endings and beginnings. The New Year is celebrated in the month of January.
The Roman goddess of passion and love. Her orgiastic rites are celebrated on the 14th of
February, St.Valentine’s Day.
A Roman god ( the Greek Ares) of war. March is named after him.
| The God of Israel, Jesus Christ is the True and Living God.
Jesus and the Father are the members of the Godhead.
There are no other gods! The so-called gods of Paganism
are man-made and are not real.
Please read what the Word (Jesus Christ) has spoken:
10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
11. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
12. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
13. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.
14. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
5. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
I Chronicles 16:
23. Sing unto the Lord, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.
24. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.
25. For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
26. For all the gods of the people are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.
I Chronicles 29:
10. Wherefore David blessed the Lord before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, Lord God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
11. Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
The King James Version of the Holy Bible
*The Pagan Book of Days by Nigel Pennick, Destiny Books
New Standard Encyclopedia, Vol. 3
|PEACE IN JESUS NAME!|